Sunday, April 18, 2010

Breathe

This weekend I had the opportunity to do a canoe race. Approximately 25 km. I rediscovered one of my own best known secrets. Breath. Quite a simple fact. We all need air, we all breathe naturally. Only this race just reminded me how important that simple fact is. All the technique in the world won’t mean a thing if you don’t feed your muscles oxygen. One of the best tips I will ever share with you is this, the harder you work, the more you must breathe. Let’s say we give the work you do a scale of one to ten, and the breathing too. If you are working at a level of 8, you must breathe at a level of 8. You cannot work at 9 and breathe at 6. You won’t last. So today’s tip is simple and short.

Breathe

There are lots of breathing articles on the web. Here’s a useful one: Breathing exercises But you should find some breathing exercises that are best for you, and experiment with them.


Reference


Dave Kalama

No comments: