Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Training - Molokai 2 Oahu 2010

Seasons of Training - Periods of Training - Subphased - Mesocycles - Microcycles
WHAAAAAAT

To make it simple

Base One - Pre Season General Prep
Working On Technique / Endurance

Base Two - Still Pre Season Specific Prep
Endurance / moving into Strength / Endurance

Speed - Pre Comp
Speed

In Season - Competitive Racing / Surfing
High Maintenance.


With this in mind I set on my training programme diary 16 weeks out from
MOLOKAI 2 OAHU.

I am in the last 3 weeks of my Molokai 2 Oahu Training Programme. Intensity has increase and endurance has decrease every training session is short and sweet with the odd long session too still have the endurance base. I am luck that I can do a couple of Outrigger Canoe Session as well and surf sessions which helps with the explosive component of my programme. I am a firm believer that what the day brings is how you train and living on the Sunshine Coast we get a good amount of both Surf & Down wind condition.

I have mixed my weeks up with Biking, swimming, gym workouts, outrigger OC1 paddling, OC4 Surfing Canoe & SUP. This helps make it interesting and also I get to spend time with my family.


No comments: